Sunday, February 22, 2009

church

I am the new Bass Trombonist for the Sydney Congress Hall Corps Band
(I found my church yesterday.)

as I walked in the doors of the Salvation Army - Sydney Congress Hall Corps (a bit late) the songsters were singing "Be Thou My Vision" and I was hooked. The corps has new officers and there's a lot of interesting stuff happening during this change. I want to be a part of it.

after the service I introduced myself to a young man named Ash (i can't remember his last name, but those of you who listen to the Sydney Staff Songsters have heard his voice). we had lunch together and he told me a bit of what's going on in the Army here in Sydney.

next was Songster practice (yes, I went)... it was amazing! the songters are not the greatest group, but they learn fairly well and they want to be there... two awesome attributes.

then i got to jam a bit with some of the corps youth... they really didn't want to do anything else except play and sing worship music, and i thought - what a great idea!

my church experience yesterday ended with the evening service... it was great! all the recovery guys (and ladies) were there, as well as many of the people from the morning service. I got to sing in the songsters and play in the band!

and I made some great connections

(after that I went to the world's largest short film festival... there's always something to do here)

-jason

No comments:

Post a Comment