Friday, March 6, 2009

ok so...



i've had an interesting week...






wednesday night we went out to the three wise monkeys again and i had a bit of an unexpected/unexplained encounter...






some guy came up to me after i sang "living on a prayer" in the mic (totally different story) and wanted to have his picture taken with me...






i didn't get it until someone offered this idea:

<- Me

<- Guy Sebastian - the first Australian Idol
interesting.
so also, i may end up getting into an altercation with my orchestra director.
the first rehearsal after the whole alto clef situation that i'm pretty sure i talked about... i practiced up my alto clef... getting ready for the next week.
thursday he asked me to play french horn parts... but were they normal french horn parts? no. they were all written in C with the actual key just mentioned above each movement.
then! he passed me in the hall today... and said he wants me to learn something else
string bass
i tried to weasel my way out of it, but he said he wants me to experience playing strings in an orchestra, even if it ends up being just pizzicato one note a bar... he wants me to have that experience...
i just want a bass clef trombone part
in other news i'm getting really involved in the music department here. i performed on bass guitar and voice (as part of someone elses's bands) for "concert practice" which is kinda like the departmental recitals back home. i'll also be leading worship for music chapel thursday... and i'll be teaching a piece to the choir on monday! (which is awesome... i've never led an 80 voice choir before)
yup... now off to be a socialite!
-jason




1 comment:

  1. haha, that's funny, you do look a lot like that guy.

    ReplyDelete