Tuesday, March 10, 2009

as i sit here in an internet cafe

i think about the last few days.

Friday night found me being the bodyguard of a few of the ASC girls when we went out dancing...

Saturday found me handing out brochures and talking to people about StreetWork - the organization with which i am doing my service project, swimming and sunbathing at Bondi Beach, standing amid thousands of people at the annual "Mardi Gras" parade, and finally sitting in a cinema watching the Watchmen (somebody has to ;-))

Sunday found me at the corps... and the evening service found me playing the offertory as well as playing piano and singing with Ash and Brooke for the contemporary worship time. that evening found me at home having a nice little birthday celebration for my host sister, Ashleigh.

Yesterday found me watching Gallipoli, leading the Wesley Institute Choir, securing my spot in the ensemble performing at the Opera House, learning Double Bass (including 20 minutes on just bowing), and learning about the components of a mixer board...

Yesterday evening found me filling in as guest accompanist for Sydney Staff Songsters rehearsal, going out to dinner at Lazikos with Ash, and watching 300 with a bunch of ASCers... culminating in an unexpected overnight stay at the other guys' place.

Today has found me in class, and learning the stories of kids here in Chattswood - while sharing mine with them... tonight it will find me at a cheap cinema in Sydney... spending time with (at least) Matt and Chantel...

As for what tomorrow will find me doing? we'll just have to wait and see.

-jason

No comments:

Post a Comment